Black P Stones;Jungles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hood activities

Go down

Hood activities Empty Hood activities

Post by Odell_Ward Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:27 am

This guide can help a lot of you. Take your time and read it, it's useful.

I don’t mean to insult anyone but far too often do I see gangs standing around doing nothing, just talking. They’ll do this for ages till they go out and commit crimes. Why? You might say that talking allows you to develop your character, but you can do so much more with ‘hood’ roleplay to allow for your character to develop. Also who really enjoys standing there for an hour till you commit crimes? Wouldn't you rather be doing something? I've listed some things to hopefully help others and give inspiration and lastly to improve ‘hood’ roleplay on the server.

Sidenote: Not saying anyone is bad at RP or gang roleplay and yes there's a lot of writing.

Tagging hoods; Somethings to consider.
- Tagging your own hood is boring and requires no challenge.
- Even if your faction is not a war or is on good terms with another faction you can still tag the outskirts of their territory.
- Any faction that starts a war over tagging a hood isn't worth RP’ing with.
Tagging the outskirts of other hoods creates something to do. But never should you walk right into the middle of their hood and tag it. That’s just stupid and you’d never get away with it in real life. e.g. If you were tagging PWC turf. You’d tag the side of the bank or next to the gas station not walk right into Peach Crescent block and tag it.

Sell things; you don’t have just sell drugs and guns. Sell liquor and cigarettes to other gang members and other gangs. Especially if their 16 and your 23. They can’t get them legally but if you can, so why not sell it? You can also sell things like a football or basketball with a faked signature on it. Sell personalised things even if that’s a personalised gang bandanna to a younger member.

Selling/Making Drugs; Where are you getting your drugs from? You don’t just cut the cannabis straight from the plant. Research a little into the creation of these drugs then have friends come over and make drugs together. Once you've done that sell the drugs you’ve made. Things to consider when selling drugs:
- Corners aren't the only place in the world.
- Don’t give new members A class drugs like cocaine. Have them sell small amounts of cannabis then when they’re trusted give them the heavier stuff.
- Don’t go out of your way to sell drugs. Stay in your own turf and you shouldn't approach people unless they seem as if they would want drugs. e.g Don’t go up to the guy in the bullet,. instead walk up to the homeless guy and ask. Common sense that will also help keep you out of jail.
- Don’t be ‘strapped’. There’s no need. Most gang bangers keep there weapons hidden else they’ll go to jail. You also don’t want to go to jail for carrying a firearm and drugs. .
- Personalise your drug. Add something to it and make it your own twist. e.g Add paprika to your cocaine and call it the Red powder or something.

Playing sports; this can work quite well with the new /attempt cmd. Don’t just play basketball. Play football (Both european and american), play catch. Just something to get people moving and talking instead of just standing there. Creates some nice social RP and you can develop your character whilst playing sports. e.g. The fat kid who can’t throw, but has a great catch etc. Also you can all go to the gym. Workout. You can take a fat character you becomes slim and then the toughest guy on the block. Just make sure you’re doing this properly. Don’t go from being the fat kid to built like a statue in three days.

Patrolling around the gang's territory; If you're a mid tier rank take some new kids and walk around the turf. There’s no need to take everyone on a patrol. Things to consider before patrolling:
- Only mid/low tier ranks should ever do this. The leaders are valuable and so wouldn’t want to risk their lives for a measly patrol.
- You shouldn’t send anymore than four people on patrol. It’s not a patrol otherwise it just becomes a marching parade.
- Only one member should ever really walk around ‘strapped’ the rest can just have melee weapons.

House burglaries; You can enter houses and roleplay stealing furniture, technology, and even illegal things. Don't forget that you aren't strong enough and quiet enough to carry it alone, you will need people. RP some NPC's if necessary, if you make noise. Also you shouldn’t be able to rob everything from the person’s home or large pieces of furniture. Unless you’ve got a burrito you’re not going to be stealing any sofas or 50-inch TV’s.

Gamble: Play dice and blackjack, run both hood fights and dog fights. (I’ll explain how to RP dog fights further down). Bet small amounts depending on the situation. So $50 in a game of dice but $500 in a dogfight.

Talk about stuff: Not everything has to be about being a gangster. Talk about things like what you want in a wife/girlfriend. There’s no need to play the sexist pig 24/7 so you don’t have to say big ass and call it a day. Talk about recent things happening in the world. Make sure they’d make sense for you to be talking about. Don’t talk about Saudi Arabia’s crashing economy due to lowering fuel prices to counter shale drilling. Instead just talk about how ‘gas’ is cheap and how you want to stock up before prices rise. Something like that.

Video games: have you got $500 bucks from slangin’? Buy an Xbox or PlayStation. Invite friends around and start playing games. Play games like call of duty and use /attempt to see who can kill the other person. First to kill the other 10 times wins. You can even bet $10 that you’ll beat the other person to make the game more interesting.

Drink and smoke: Adds more to the scene when roleplaying. Things to consider when drinking and smoking;
- Three sips will not get you drunk. You’d most likely have the one bottle of Malt liqour and be sharing it.
- Weed isn’t the only thing you smoke. Cigarettes, sherm (research the high you get from that) are also options.
- Research what being drunk is. This is really only aimed at the youngers RP’ers on the server who haven’t been drunk before irl.
- Where are you getting your alcohol and cigarettes from? Head to the store with a friend and if you’re RP’ing someone who has no chance of being served (you have to be 21 in the US) then RP having your friend steal while you distract the staff.

Cars: have mini car shows. Brag about who has the best car and even do small street races around the block twice. Remember this should never turn to violence. Even if you lost $500 in a race. On the subject of cars. Not everyone should have a pimped out car. If there’s eight of you only two of you would really have a customised car as they’ll be your gangs most often used car. An example of this is I own a customised Admiral with a nice paint job, new rims etc. While the rest of my friends have basic/nasty paint jobs, cheaper cars etc.

Don’t take kindly to strangers/other gangs in your territory: If another gang walks into your territory beat them up, rob them. There’s no reason to kill. Just threaten, show how easy it is for you to kill them in your territory instead of actually doing it. Don’t walk right into another gang’s ‘hood’ and ask to speak with the leader. Dumbest thing I’ve seen things to consider regarding gang territories.
- The entire town is not yours
- Never walk right into another gang’s territory, even if you’re on good terms with them. Go to the outskirts and if people read what I said there should be someone there instead of everyone crowding around one house/block.
- Meetings between other gang leaders should be outside of both of their territories.
- Don’t sell on another gang's territory unless told too or you want to get beaten up.
- Don’t take your entire gang to another gang’s territory unless you want a massive brawl/riot with them.
- Upon seeing another gang throw up a gang sign. (I’ve given a link that showcases lot’s a gang signs.) Throwing up another gang sign is often seen as a sign of disrespect when in another gang’s ‘turf’. Be careful or you could start a fight.

Roleplay having BBQ’s/Grills: Head to Cluckin’ Bell or Well Stacked. Invite friends around and make a meal. Nothing fancy of course. Also Black people eat more than just chicken… Watch TV while eating. Watch a comedy show and laugh about it together. Later mention jokes referencing it. Watch a drama and tear up at the end. Even gang bangers can get upset at Frozen.

Cruise: I personally love doing this in my admiral. But remember what I said regarding gang territory. You wouldn’t roll through an un-friendly gangs territory five times. Take some friends, RP having to stop by the side of the road for someone to take a piss. RP enjoying a song together.

Short Guide to Dog fights

Dogfights: They’re disgusting irl and I am completely against it, but it does create some good RP scenes and can even be a way of interacting between gangs.These are not to be used as a way of fighting other gangs because your dog lost.
*Disclaimer; this is a simplified version of dog fights compared to other servers I changed it as no one wants to sit there adding and subtracting instead of enjoying RP*

- Have a dog. Most likely a pitbull. No need to bring out the 6,5 Wolf Hybrid or your professionally trained fighting Pugg.
- Second; Both members must roll their dice to determine the willingness of the dog to fight. Depending on what you roll can determine the fight completely.
1-2 The dog is scared. For everything you roll take away one.
3-4 The dog is angry. No points are taken away.
5-6 The dog is almost feral. For everything you roll add one.
Then begin the process of judging between using /do’s to RP the animals and rolling dice. For example /do Loco would bark violently at Busta before attacking him. ((Roll dice)) Then you’d roll the dice. Say at the beginning of the fight I rolled a 5 determining my animal to almost be feral. I roll a 4 as the fights starts, but it’s been turned to a 5. The owner of Busta has rolled a 4 as well but they rolled a three at the start. This means my animal wins the first encounter. /do Loco lunges forward attempts to mount the side of Busta, Loco then proceeds to bite the back of Busta. You RP these attacks on one another till the one owner has one five attacks.
*Remember dog fights often end with only one dog alive.*

Somethings to consider in dog fights;
- They’re horrible to see. The sounds of whelping animals and them attacking one another isn’t nice. If it’s your first dog fight act on it. Don’t think your emotionless and just stand there making money. The same goes for agreeing with it straight away and being okay throughout the event.
- If you don’t agree with this kind or RP you can always say in /b I’m not comfortable with this and you can leave. Or better keep it IC and disagree with the dogfights IC.
- Reasonable bets should be placed. One of the largest bets ever done was between the Rolling Sixties and Hoover criminals. With a total prize of $28,000. However this should only be done between champion dogs. For most fights bet’’s of $2000 should be placed by a few people (So four people bet $500 making a total sum of $2000).
- Don’t PG your dog’s existence. I personally have an area dedicated to training fighting dogs in my flat and RP having bought them from a trainer in Los Santos.
- If you’re going to go into dogfights and take part make sure you have more than one dog.
- Don’t just leave the your dog after it’s been killed. RP taking it to a graveyard or to an animal crematorium. Or if you're lazy just chuck it from the bridge.
Odell_Ward
Odell_Ward

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum